If you’re someone who is not willing to make dinner but wants to eat delicious food, this is going to be the best recipe that is not only delicious but are densely nutritious. The best thing about cooking this recipe is that it hardly takes six minutes to be presented on the table. It will take around six minutes to cook. What you have to do is get a cast iron skillet, get some good quality, sustainably caught, fresh, skin-on salmon, some herbs or fiber-loaded veggies, and there you go. Your healthy and super delicious dinner is sorted in less than 8 minutes. The reason behind saying this recipe a healthy is that salmon is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. One should have salmon thrice a week as it is good for the skin and your health, and visible results are seen if taken every week. Let us look at how to prepare it.
- 1-2 tbsp ghee
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil
- Butter/other cooking oil
- Sustainably caught,skin-on salmon fillets that are 2 six to eight-ounce
- Sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
Steps to follow:
- Take salmon fillets and pat them dry with the help of paper towels. Place it on a plate, having skin side up, keep it uncovered and place it under the refrigerator for half an hour to one hour. It will help to remove excess moisture, which will make your salmon highly crispy.
- Few minutes before cooking, take the salmon out of the fridge, dry out the moisture with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper on the skin side of salmon.
- Pour some oil into the cast iron skillet. Keep it medium-high flame. Let the oil shimmer. Once the oil is hot enough, keep it on medium flame. Place the salmon with the skin side down. Season them with salt. Press each fillet for a few seconds with the help of a spatula to avoid curling up.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then lift the fillet so that some of the oil would go underneath to make it more crispy.
- Now turn off the flame. Flip the salmon to the other side to get a desired amount of crispiness. But make sure you don’t overcook it.
- Now you can transfer it to your plater, sprinkle it with some salt, herbs, lemon juice etc. Your dish is ready to eat. Serve it hot.
You May Also Like: All About Cooking With Cast Iron Cookware
Now talking about the nutritional value of this dish, let’s go through the facts about them.
- It contains 255 calories
- Protein is 19.5gm 39% DV
- Fat is 19.2 gm 30% DV
- Cholesterol 65.5mg 22% DV
- Sodium 1320.6mg 53% DV
This super delicious cast iron skillet seared salmon is not only healthy but also contains rich nutrients that are essential for your body for proper functioning. One can prepare this dish effortlessly within no time and can be taken thrice a day. So without further ado, why don’t you get your hands on this dish. I’m sure you must be craving now. Thanks for reading.Over thousands consumer satisfaction surveys has been analysed and evaluated in detail to create the Cast Iron Skillet Seared Salmon Recipe ranking. Through the analysis we have found, listed and rated Cast Iron Skillet Seared Salmon Recipe you might be interested in. Using extensive data analysis, our editing teams independently research, review, and recommend the best products to you. If you click on the product links, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.