The Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe is one of the best slow cooker recipes. It is also one of the easiest recipes. Not only is the recipe rich in essential nutrients, but it also gives the much-desired taste with a minimum of effort. The pot roast recipe is one of those recipes from where the slow cooker derives some of the best slow cooker reviews. The slow cooker pot roast recipe is a guaranteed recipe that will end up giving you a healthy yet delicious meal. The slow cooker works wonders and the pot roast cooked herein will give the best pot roast you will taste in your lifetime.
Let us start with examining some of the ingredients that are used for the preparation of a hearty dish:
Chuck Roast: One tip is to use a roast that is shorter in size. This will make sure that healthy vegetables can be added conveniently.
Oil: You can use canola oil or olive oil to roast or sear the chuck roast.
Spices for Seasoning: A few spices that are used for seasoning can be salt as well as pepper. You can also add thyme if you desire to.
Vegetables: You can add healthy vegetables such as carrots, beans, onions, etc.
Corn Starch: If you wish to thicken the gravy of your pot roast, corn starch can be added to achieve the same.
Fresh Herbs: At the end, after the pot roast is ready, you can add fresh herbs to make the dish healthier and tastier. Some of the herbs used are parsley, thyme, rosemary, and the likes.
You May Also Like: Air Fryer Vs Pressure Cooker
Steps to be followed:
The following are some of the few steps that should be followed:
- To begin with, use the basic spices namely salt and pepper to season the chuck roast completely.
- Place the pan on the heater and after a while, pour canola oil. Once the oil is hot enough, make sure to brown the chuck roast on both sides.
- The next step is to add some of the healthy vegetables to your slow cooker. These vegetables can be a carrot, beans, garlic, and onion. You can also add some of the other vegetables of your choice.
- Next, you should add the roasted beef and broth together in the slow cooker. The same can take anywhere between 7 to 8 hours to get completely cooked.
- A few people like the gravy to be thickened. To achieve the desired consistency, you can add cornstarch and even cook it separately.
- Once the gravy has become thick enough for you, you can add the same over the roasted and cooked beef.
Thus, as is clear from the above steps, cooking the pot roast in a slow cooker is no big task. You just have to follow the steps listed above and you can get the desired taste with minimum effort.
You May Also Like: Pressure Cookers Vs Slow Cookers
With just the slow cooker and a few basic ingredients, you can get one of the best pot roast slow cooker recipes. It is a wholesome and hearty recipe that will also satisfy your taste buds. This recipe gives the slow cooker one of the best slow cooker reviews. So, next time when you think of eating something healthy yet delicious, do give this recipe a try!Over thousands consumer satisfaction surveys has been analysed and evaluated in detail to create the Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe ranking. Through the analysis we have found, listed and rated Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe you might be interested in. Using extensive data analysis, our editing teams independently research, review, and recommend the best products to you. If you click on the product links, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.